What is Lunch with Leaders?
Started in 2014, Lunch with Leaders is a unique leadership development program aimed at fostering the next generation of philanthropic sector leaders in corporate, private and family foundations. The program aims to catalyze relationships, establish a learning cohort and enable knowledge transfer among new grantmakers who have been in the field less than five years, and experienced grantmakers who have been in the field more than five years.
There are about four Lunch with Leaders every year. New grantmakers are encouraged to attend a maximum of two per year. To register, visit the Gateway Center's Programs & Events page.
How does it work?
New grantmakers and a rotating cast of experienced grantmakers will meet for an informal lunch, coordinated by the Gateway Center. Each lunch has four spots for new grantmakers and will be hosted by one experienced grantmaker. Meeting in such a small group encourages casual, yet robust conversation around relevant topics. A "trigger" article is usually sent out to attendees in advance to help prompt discussion.
- Bridget Flood, Incarnate Word Foundation
- Wendy Jaffe, Trio Foundation of St. Louis
- Kathy Reeves, Enterprise Holdings
- Bob Hughes, Missouri Foundation for Health
- Cynthia Crim, Commerce Bank
- Debbie Schirmer, Maritz
- Ann Vazquez, Lutheran Foundation of St. Louis
- Orvin Kimbrough, United Way of Greater St. Louis
- Michelle Tucker, Bank of America
- Kasey Bergh, Nestle Purina PetCare Company
- Reverend Starsky Wilson, Deaconess Foundation
- Amelia Bond, St. Louis Community Foundation
- Jama Dodson, Saint Louis Mental Health Board