The Corporate Roundtable is an networking group for corporate philanthropy professionals in our region. The group offers networking and educational events and serves as a forum for Members to share information, best practices and models of corporate contributions programs and other aspects of corporate citizenship and community relations.
Throughout the year, the Corporate Roundtable meets to share information and learn from presentations that address topics of interest to those involved in corporate philanthropy. Speakers are drawn both from the GCG Membership and outside experts in the field.
Event attendance is open to corporate contributions professionals of all levels.
About Corporate Foundations & Corporate Giving Programs
A corporate foundation is a private foundation that gets its funds from a company or corporation. It is independently created for the purpose of making grants.
- Frequently assume responsibility for the company's philanthropic giving.
- Typically start with a single gift endowment that the company can add to as it wishes.
- Are often governed by company owners or key executives.
- Are subject to the same tax regulations as private foundations. Corporate foundations are distinct from "corporate giving programs" that are administered within a corporation. Corporate giving programs make grants for limited purposes closely associated with the interests of the company, although this is not always the case. The two types of giving are usually coordinated under a general policy but in some cases a private foundation bearing a name associated with a company may have few if any ties with the original source of funds.
Latest reports and resources about Corporate Giving:
- Business for Social Responsibility: BSR works with its global network of more than 250 member companies to develop sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration.
- Center for Effective Philanthropy: CEP provides foundations and other philanthropic funders with comparative data to enable higher performance. Through research, assessment tools, and programming and communications, CEP's data and insight helps funders achieve the most positive outcomes on issues, fields, communities and people.
- Council on Foundations: The Council on Foundations is a membership organization that supports grantmakers in various aspects of foundation management.
- CSR Newswire: CSRwire is the leading source of corporate social responsibility and sustainability news, reports, events and information.
- Points of Light Institute: Through three innovative and dynamic business units (Hands On Network, MissionFish, and the Civic Incubator) the Points of Light Institute helps put people at the center of transforming their communities.